Formed as a result of a merger of the following departments:
- Teaching Departments:
- Department of Corporate Finance
- Department of Financial Management
- Department of Property Assessment and Management
- Department of Corporate Governance
- Department of Investment and Innovations (investment-related part)
- Institute for Industrial Policy and Institutional Development
Head of the Department
Doctor of Economics, Professor, holder of the Award of the President of the Russian Federation in the field of education; Distinguished Economist of the Russian Federation; Honored Worker of Higher Education; holder of the Order of Honor. M. A. Fedotova is one of the first Russian researchers who did research in the field of business valuation and corporate finance. Her research interests include corporate governance issues.
M.A. Fedotova is the author of more than 200 papers (293 printed pages); the Hirsch index is 26. She is Chairperson of the thesis examination board of the Financial University examining works in Economics and Economy Management (innovation management; regional economics; economics, company structuring and corporate governance, branch management, management of groups of companies in the industrial sector; economic security) (Economic Sciences). She is member of the thesis examination board of the Financial University examining works in Finance, Money Circulation and Credit (Economic Sciences). She is member of the thesis examination board of the Higher School of Economics (National Research University) (chaired by L. M. Gokhberg). She is Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Vestnik Finansovogo Universiteta (Financial University Bulletin) journal, member of the editorial board of Imushchestvennye Otnosheniya v Rossiyskoy Federatsii journal (Property Relations of the Russian Federation.)
Professional Memberships and Memberships in Community Organizations
• Member, Council for Appraisers’ Operations, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation;
• Member, Council for Actuaries’ Operations, Bank of Russia;
• Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) (UK);
• Member of the Board, Guild of Financial and Investment Analysts;
Office Hours by appointment:
Monday 10:00-11:00, Wednesday 10:00-11:00, Friday 15:00-16:00
Deputy Head of Department for Teaching
Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance, member of the thesis examination board; member of the Council of the Faculty of Finance and Economics; member of the Council of the Department of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance; member of the working committee in charge of registering results of intellectual activity obtained by the Financial University.
Office Hours: Wednesday 10:00-12:00
Deputy Head of Department for Research
Doctor of Economics, Professor, Honored Worker of Higher Education; Distinguished Worker of Higher Education; holder of the Award of the President of the Russian Federation in the field of education (2000), Member, Committee for Corporate Social Responsibility, Association of Managers of Russia; included into the National Register of Corporate Directors. I. Yu. Belyayeva is one of the pioneers of the research in the field of corporate governance. She is head of scientific school of the Theory and Practice of Corporate Governance.
Office Hours: Tuesday, Thursday 14:00-17:00
Deputy Head of the Department for Methodology
Doctor of Economics, Professor; Deputy Chairperson of the thesis examination board of the Financial University examining works in Finance, Money Circulation and Credit (Economic Sciences); Program Director, Financial University advanced training program in Modern University Education: Pedagogics, Psychology, Methodology; member of the editorial board of Upravlencheskiye Nauki (Managerial Sciences)journal. Her experience in research and teaching in higher education institutions: 28 years. Research interests include theoretical, methodological and practical aspects of corporate finance. She was academic advisor and participant of 10 research works performed in accordance with the order of the Russian Government, Government of the Moscow Region, and various companies. The research findings are published in more than 100 works.
Office Hours: Monday, Thursday 11:00-17:00
Deputy Head of the Department for Postgraduate Training and Doctoral Studies
Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor
Work experience: 32 years
Education and Qualifications
• 1990 - Moscow Institute of Technology. Major: Accounting and Administrative and Economic Work
Advanced Training and Further Education
• 2016 - Methodology and Techniques of the Bloomberg System Use in the Teaching Process and in the University Instructors’ and Postgraduate Students’ Research (program at the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation)
• 2015 - Training of Experts in Professional Accreditation of Programs of Study program
• 2015 – Use of Innovative Techniques in Teaching Economic Disciplines program
Awards, Commendations and Honorary Degrees
• Certificate of Honor of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (2012)
• For Innovative Efforts in the Field of Higher Education Gold Medal of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (2015)
Office Hours: Tuesday, Thursday 13:00 - 18:00
Head of Section of the Department of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance
Doctor of Economics, Professor; member, Academy of Natural Sciences; Honored Worker of Higher Education; member, International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF); holder of the award of the Arts and Humanities in Higher Education System international competition; member, Expert Council of the Russian State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles (2010 – 2012). Author of over 250 papers in the field of finance, investment, information technology (total volume: more than 300 printed pages), including monographs and textbooks. Research supervisor and participant. Obtained grants from The Soros Foundation; The Foundation for Promoting Fundamental Research in the Russian Federation; The Potanin Foundation. Member of the editorial boards of the following journals: Finansy (Finance); Menedzhment i Biznes-Administrirovaniye (Management and Business Administration); Vestnik Finansovogo Universiteta (Bulletin of the Financial University); Upravlencheskiye Nauki (Managerial Sciences). Head of Corporate Financial Strategy in a Market Economy Financial University scientific school.
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday 11:00 - 16:00
Director of the Institute of Industrial Policy and Institutional Development
Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor
Author of more than 140 published works, including 20 monographs and textbooks.
As at August 2016, the volume of published works is more than 900 printed pages (including more than 200 of own printed pages). Hirsch index in the Russian Science Citation Index: 17; in SCOPUS: 2; in the Web of Science: 1. Number of citations in the Russian Science Citation Index: 1,330.
He presented reports and took part in many international and national conferences, symposiums and forums in Russia, USA, Japan, Canada, UK, China, Portugal, Poland and other countries.
In 2012 – 2016, he was academic advisor and participant of 10 research works performed in the Financial University in accordance with the order of the Russian Government. Obtained grants from the National Foundation for Personnel Training financed by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development; through the Education National Project.
Professional Memberships and Memberships in Community Organizations
- Member, Council for Innovation and High Technology at the Committee for Science and High Technology of the Fifth State Duma;
- Member, working group in charge of examining the Economic Development and Innovation Economics public program at the Committee for Economic Policy, Innovative Development and Entrepreneurship of the Fourth State Duma;
- Member, International Cognitive Science Society;
- Member, Interregional Association for Cognitive Studies;
- Member, Russian Association of Artificial Intelligence;
- Expert, Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Member of the PhD and doctoral thesis examination board of the Financial University examining works in Economics and Economy Management (innovation management; regional economics; economics, company structuring and corporate governance, branch management, management of groups of companies in the industrial sector; economic security) (Economic Sciences);
- Member, Financial University Academic Council;
- Editor-in- Chief, Upravlencheskiye Nauki (Managerial Sciences) journal.
About the Department
The Department of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance is involved in didactic, research work and provides expert analysis in the field of Finance, Money Circulation and Credit; Economics and Economy Management. The Department trains students majoring in 4 disciplines; has 8 master degree programs on offer; 2 postgraduate training department programs aimed at researchers and instructors; and some training programs at the doctoral studies division. Some of the programs have been accredited by the professional accreditation agencies. Today, 116 instructors and practitioners working in the field of corporate finance, appraisal, financial management, corporate governance, investment and industrial policy teach at the Department. They have a large experience in teaching and research. The Department cooperates with Ministries and state departments, the Bank of Russia, Russian companies, professional associations, the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, the Chamber of Commerce. At the Department, among the instructors you can find the practitioners who work for Gazprom, Russian Railways, LUKOIL, Rosneft, Mosinzhproekt, Russian Venture Company, Vnesheconombank, Sberbank, Gazprombank, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, ERNST & YOUNG, DELOITTE, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) (UK). The Department cooperates with the Durham University (UK).
The Department is a degree-awarding department that trains bachelor and master degree students in Management. The program has the following concentrations at the bachelor training department:
• Investment Management (face-to-face mode and distance training mode)
• Project Management (face-to-face mode and distance training mode)
• Crisis Management (face-to-face mode)
• Marketing (distance training mode)
The program has the following concentrations at the master training department:
• Crisis Management and Consulting (face-to-face mode)
• Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (face-to-face mode)
• Managerial Consulting (in partnership with KPMG) (face-to-face mode)
• Financial Marketing (face-to-face mode and distance training mode)
• Project Management (face-to-face mode)
• Operations Management (face-to-face mode and distance training mode)
The program has the following concentration at the postgraduate training department: Economics and Economy Management
The areas of research are:
• Innovation Management
• Regional Economics
• Business Economics
Address: 7 Maly Zlatoustinsky Pereulok, stroyeniye 1
Tel.: +7 495 625 69 03; +7 495 628 48 49