Russian Language Summer School
at the Financial University
under the Government of the Russian Federation
July 12 – August 2, 2017
Would you like to speak one of the most widespread languages in the world and the most widely spoken in Europe? Would you like to understand one of six languages officially used in UN, UNESCO and other international organizations? Would you like to become one of more than 260 million people who speak Russian? If you answered “YES” at least twice, it is a strong reason to join the Russian Language Summer School at the Financial University.
The School will work from July 12 till August 2, 2017 in Moscow. You will have a unique opportunity to combine studying the Russian language with a varied cultural programme giving you a chance to see the key sights of the Russian capital.
The training groups will be composed according to the participants’ language proficiency with a total number of 7 to 10 students in each group. Upon completing the course, the School participants will obtain a relevant certificate issued by the Financial University.
The biggest part of Summer School activities (studying, accommodation and meals) will be concentrated at the Financial University campus located on Leningradsky Prospekt, one of the widest and busy streets of Moscow. It is a part of the old road leading from Moscow to the towns of Tver and Novgorod, which also connected Moscow and St-Petersburg in mid-18th century. The main symbols of Russia, the Red Square, the Kremlin, the Bolshoi Theater, Christ the Savior Cathedral, the Tretyakov Gallery are all easily accessible from the campus. You can use a subway or ground transport to get there.
The School offers you the following:
- Preliminary tests;
- Russian language classes (70 hours) that include reading, writing, speaking, listening practice and lessons of phonetics and grammar;
- Final tests and individual consulting sessions that will depend of the test results;
- Recommendations for the further self-study of the Russian language;
- A short series of lectures on the History and Culture of Russia taught in English (10 hours);
- A short series of lectures on International Economic Policy of the RF taught in English (6 hours);
- A cultural programme.
The beginners’ course will provide you an opportunity:
- To learn the Russian alphabet and the basics of writing rules
- To learn the basics of the Russian grammar
- To learn the most common phrases and words
- To learn the vocabulary needed for use in everyday life, e.g. in shops, cafes, on the street, in transport, etc.
The course for continuing participants will help you:
- To revise and to enhance their knowledge of Russian grammar basics
- To overcome language barrier
- To gain vocabulary in Business and Economy
- To make brief speeches and reports in Russian
The cost of participation in the Summer School is about 980 euros. The amount includes:
- The tuition fee
- The University Student Residence Hall accommodation expenses
- Meal expenses (breakfast and lunch on weekdays)
- Cultural program and tour-related expenses
- Visa support expenses
You find more information about the Summer School in the brochure.
The application deadline is April 21, 2017 or April 30, 2017 (for the citizens of the European countries).
In order to apply, please download the application form, fill it in and send it to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Center for International Cooperation
Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation
Leningradsky Prospekt, 49, room 409
125993, Moscow, Russia
Please do not hesitate to call us: +7 (499) 943-94-21 or to write an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.