Research and Innovation
The Financial University conducts fundamental and applied research; uses the new scientific achievements and new learning technology in the teaching and learning process; develops science-intensive projects aimed at developing the economy and ensures that the teaching staff and the students develop their creative potential.
The following principles are used when conducting the research work:
- Protection and development of the University science schools;
- Creation of incentives in order to further develop the fundamental and applied research in such priority areas as Economics, Finance, Law, Political Science, Management, and others;
- Ensuring that there is a strong relationship between teaching and research through research projects implemented jointly by the teaching staff members and the students.
The key areas of comprehensively planned research are:
- The research themes indicated on the comprehensive University general research theme list;
- Applied research funded by the Government and conducted in line with the orders made by the government institutions;
- Research conducted in line with the research services agreements concluded with the Ministries, government institutions and organizations;
- Research funded by the grant funds obtained from external organizations and the University Research Fund funds;
- Preparation and publication of teaching staff and student research works;
- Training of postgraduate program students and doctoral degree program students in order to ensure that the University has appropriate academic and research staff pool;
- Organization of undergraduate and postgraduate student research work;
- Organization of research conferences, roundtable discussions, and seminars.
The research and analysis work conducted in line with the orders made by the Government of the Russian Federation is a priority for the University staff.
The following areas are on top of the Financial University research priorities list:
- Financial support of economy and social sphere;
- Corporate governance and business strategies;
- Management systems IT-based information support (e-audit);
- Economic security;
- World economy globalization and institutional modernization.